April 26 2018
UEBT Public consultation open for revision of the UEBT
(STD01 – Ethical BioTrade Standard)
UEBT Standard consultation
UEBT sets good practices for how companies and their suppliers source natural ingredients with respect for people and biodiversity. UEBT’s Ethical BioTrade Standard is used to independently check that such good practices are systematically applied.
Every five years UEBT revises its standard. A revision process has now started and the standard is open for public consultation.
Which documents are open for consultation?
Comments may be provided on the UEBT Standard (see below), which includes a brief description of the theory of change, possible application of the standard, as well as principles, criteria, and indicators.
If you prefer you can comment on the UEBT field checklists, which is linked to the standard.
Documents open for public consultation:
- UEBT Ethical BioTrade Standard
- UEBT Field Checklist
- UEBT/UTZ Field Checklist used for herbal tea and vanilla
What was the consultation period?
UEBT will organize two rounds of consultation. The first consultation period runs from 1 May to 31 July 2018.
What will be done with your comments?
- All comments will be reviewed as per the the standard revision Terms of Reference.
- A revised standard will be elaborated and submitted for consultation again.
- A summary report of all comments will be made available.
- Comments will not be attributed to specific persons or organisations.
What is the governance of the standard revision process?
- The UEBT Standards and Assurance Committee oversees the standard revision process
- Description of the UEBT standardization process
- Terms of reference for the standard revision process
( If you have any input on this process please let us know via the email address below and they will be considered appropriately in the next round of the revision process.)
Please email us at email@example.com
A wide range of stakeholders – companies, communities, civil society – contributed in 2017 and 2011 to the development of the UEBT Ethical BioTarde standard, which is based on the BioTrade principles.