Sourcing with respect
How we collect, grow and use natural resources has profound implications for our living planet. Companies that work with UEBT show they are sourcing with respect for people and nature.
"Sourcing" refers to how companies, often working with farmers or local communities, collect, grow or harvest the raw materials used in products.
"Sourcing with respect" is defined the UEBT Ethical BioTrade Standard that covers:
- Biodiversity conservation (Learn more about biodiversity)
- Sustainable use of biodiversity
- Fair and equitable sharing of benefits
- Local economic development
- Compliance with national and international laws
- Respect for human, labour, and indigenous rights
- Consent from local and indigenous communities
The UEBT standard is an internationally recognized, voluntary sustainability standard, that was developed with inputs from experts, companies, local communities, and non profit organizations.
You can make sure you are respecting people and the diversity of animals and plants on Earth by choosing products that have the UEBT certification mark.